Know More About the European Joy-Paris in France
Paris is known as the most romantic city of the world. The love can be felt in its atmosphere in front of many tourist spots as well as the hospitality of the people out there. Not just love, but one can experience a lot in Paris, to make the holiday worth remembering, for the next part of the life.
The City of Light
Paris actually comes from the word “Ville Lumiere”, a reference to the then electrical lighting system, implemented in the streets of Paris. This system was not only revolutionary but also rendered the city, its name. The late 19th century was the Parisian golden age, known as the La Belle Epoque. It was also during this time that the Eiffel Tower, by Gustave Eiffel, one of the most famous architectures of the world, came into existence.
Paris is known as the city with its multi cultural approach to life. Beginning in the 1970s, Paris witnesses the influx of a huge number of immigrants from other parts of the world. This resulted in a blend of culture in food, music and art form. Paris is a city of art and culture, and many beautiful landmarks are found scattered all over the place. The climate, especially the warm and the sunny days, attract people from all parts of the world. Paris is also home to some of the most famous landmarks of the earth. Amazing shopping destinations and things to collect like wine and perfumes make the shopping part all the more satisfying. Who can forget about French food?
The Famous Landmarks
When in Paris, one must witness the famous places, the city is known for. The Champs Elysees is the main tourist attraction as well one of the most famous shopping streets in the city. This is a 17th century garden promenade, connecting the Concorde and the Arc de Tromphe. This is a very famous avenue now.
- Eiffel Tower: This is a very well known structure. Every tourist visiting this part of Europe, will definitely have a photo in his collection, with him and his family posing in front of this structure. Built in the year 1889, this structure is responsible for attracting the maximum number of tourists to the city.
- The Louvre: This is the oldest, biggest and the most famous museum of the world, known for its grandeur and collections. This museum is known for having the most famous artworks ever created like the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, Madonna of the Rocks and the Virgin and Child.
- Arc de Tromphe: This is another famous monument, located in the middle of the Place Charles de Gaulle. This is erected for paying homage to the people who died for France’s glory. The famous Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is also found here.
- Moulin Rouge: A famous traditional cabaret, this is a windmill shaped structure, built by Joseph Oller in the year 1889.
- Notre Dame Cathedral: This is the cathedral of the catholic Archdiocese of Paris and is an amazing piece of Gothic architecture. The stained glass windows, pipe organs and the fame to be the first building in the world to use flying buttresses, make it all the more special.
- The Pantheon: This is a very famous burial ground, located on the top of Sainte-Genevieve, providing an amazing view to the city.
- Disneyland Paris Resort: This is a famous architecture, attracting children and adults alike. There are two separate theme parks, the Walt Disney Studios Park and the Disneyland Park. It has everything enjoyable for the children like rides and entertainment, which make the place worth visit at least once.